COVID-19 Update for Referring Physicians
April 7, 2020
To all our referring medical professionals:
We were just informed that our Grossmont Hospital Perinatal Clinic will be temporarily relocated to the nearby Sharp Rees Stealy Urgent Care office building located at 5525 Grossmont Center Drive Suite 602 in La Mesa, CA 91942 until further notice. Grossmont Hospital needs to use our current space for COVID-19 isolation. We will begin seeing patients in the new location on Monday, April 13, 2020. Our staff will be calling patients prior to their appointments to notify them of the change in the office location. Please help us communicate this change to your patients who may be scheduled at our Grossmont satellite office location. As always, feel free to contact me if you should have any questions.
We are hoping all are safe and healthy.
Assistant to Deirdre McCullough, MD
Assistant to Alvie Richardson, MD
Assistant to Melissa Westermann, MD
Patient Service Liaison/Marketing
San Diego Perinatal Center
7910 Frost St Suite 140 (MC5112)
San Diego, CA 92123
Internal Extension: 224992
March 20, 2020
To our Referring Physicians:
This is an ever-changing and unprecedented time. As such, we wanted to let you know that we are dedicated to continuing to provide the highest quality of care in the safest way possible. A few changes we have made to our practice to try to keep patients healthy:
- We will only be allowing patients to come into the office. No guests.
- If patients are sick or symptomatic, we would like them to call our nurse triage line (858) 966-4963 before their appointment.
- We are rescheduling non-urgent appointments in sick patients.
- We are continuing to see urgent patients but may ask them to wear a mask.
- To effectively manage and screen symptomatic patients, availability at some satellites may be temporarily limited.
As always, we are available for any urgent scans, consults or transports to Sharp Mary Birch. Please call the on-call physician 858-939-4839 with any urgent concerns.
- CDC WEBSITE: https://emergency.cdc.gov/coca/calls/2020/callinfo_031220.asp
- SMFM statement: https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.smfm.org/media/2262/COVID19_PDF.pdf
- ACOG Algorithm for Pregnancy: https://www.acog.org/-/media/project/acog/acogorg/files/pdfs/clinicalguidance/practice-advisory/ covid-19-algorithm.pdf?la=en&hash=2D9E7F62C97F8231561616FFDCA3B1A6
Holly Casele, MD
For more information, please visit our “For Medical Professionals” section.